Thursday, December 16, 2004

Bagong New Stuff Week 3

Sorry hindi ako nakapag blog nag matino these past few days. I have been very busy with the holidays and all. Plus one really sobering experience came my way while I was shopping for my spoils in Quiapo. I was just paying for my "It's All About Love" with a P100 bill when suddenly, I heard the loud chatter of the steel doors sutting down simulaneously. Everyone was frantically saving what was left of their wares from THAT morning's raid when they heard of the 'second wave' at around 6:00pm that same day. boxes started coming out, I was lost in a sea of 'Muslim' words, and possibly, expletives. children were running back and forth crying to their parents. I still didnt get my change. I gave up and just walked briskly the opposite direction with my DVD in hand and no change in my pocket.

Nakakaasar na nakakatuwa. I know I frequent the place and am shelling out really serious cash for something that is in many ways illegal. But I dont think that these raids are doing anyone,( merchant, buyer, government) any good. I like the idea of a really proactive government taskfore for once. I really didn't expect that VRB would be so vigilant in their efforts. But I'm afraid that they are barking on the wrong tree. Getting rid of video piracy through regular raids in Quapo, Divisoria, Greenhills and Makati Square is like pouring water into a pail with a hole.


Anyways here are some new titles to try out.




FACE- Another slow burn scarefest about a forensics reconstruction artist.

MY TUTOR FRIEND- Mala 'Sassy Girl' na story between a rich guy and the poor girl who has to tutor him. Many Korean Film enthusiasts claim that this is the best in it's genre (Korean Romantic Comedy or "romcom")next to "My Sassy Girl".

THE POLAR EXPRESS-Dream Team Bob Zemeckis and Tom Hanks in their first animated feature. I dont know pero di ma-appeal sa akin tong movi'ng to.

THE MACHINIST-I have been dying to see this film but I cant get a good copy yet. Magpapakabait ako sa Pasko para maka score ako ng DVD copy nito. Puro copy sa sine pa lang ang nasa Quaipo

THE CLEARING- Hostage drama flick starring Robert Redford.

1 Comments:

Blogger drei said...

update! update!

just bought "advance" DVD copies of Closer, Finding Neverland, and The Aviator, and a DVD copy of De-Lovely.

ayusin na natin definition ng types of DVDs. nahihirapan akong mag explain sa mga kaibigan ko. pati sa mga nagtitinda ng DVDs ini-explain ko pa. hehe.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home